Search Here

Monday, August 6, 2012

Heater Core Removal

Wow this was such a pain in the ass!! Tearing down the dash and accessories wasn't so bad, but the heater core itself was indeed a hassle. It literally took me about 4 hours total I would say on and off. However, I have accomplished such a feat and created a "block off" plate for the huge hole where the core once was and wire tuck. Now on to the plumbing, I have more to do still and a few parts to order, however this was its current state as of last night. I was contemplating on painting the dash a solid black however I like the two tone feel it has. I anticipate a weigh in and track run soon so this is going to be fun once I get everything in order. Interior will be finished in its "street form" until I can afford new seats and belts.



OK, So after reading a bunch of different write-ups and reviews on how to plumb the heater core lines I have decided to "loop" the cooling system, and it seems to work. Here's what I ended up doing:

It was fairly simple, just used a PCV Elbow valve and used some of the existing clamps I had and Viola! Now I have a small air leak that's bugging me ugh! Always something, Oh well, That's all for now, thanks for tuning in!!


No comments:

Post a Comment